WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS DOCUMENT
Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCSL or TCS), along with all its units, including Digitate is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data.
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal data that we collect through our contact us form.
TCS is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
This notice applies to all the visitors to our digitate website. It is important that you read this notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with applicable data protection laws. This means that the personal data we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date as provided by you.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (aka anonymous data).
There are “special categories” of more sensitive personal data, which require a higher level of protection.
We will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal data about you:
- Name and contact data: First and last name, email address, postal address, country, employer, phone number, and other similar contact data
- IP address
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
We collect personal data about visitors to our website through contact us form (https://www.digitate.com/contact-us/) or demo request form, directly from you.
When you visit our website, our web servers or affiliates who provide analytics and performance enhancement services collect IP address, operating system details, browsing details, device details, language settings; indirectly.
When you visit partner or service sites, such as hosted third-party surveys and forms, the information will be collected in accordance with the providers’ privacy policies and used in accordance with TCS policy.
HOW WE WILL USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Regardless of the method personal data is collected, we will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Information submitted at our website or collected from partner sites will be used for marketing campaign and communication.
- Information collected through webservers is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed and similar information. TCS uses this information to measure the site usage, improve content and to ensure safety and security as well enhance performance of the website.
Situations in which we will use your personal data
We need all the categories of information in the list above primarily to operate our business and this website; and to send communications, including promotional communications. The situations in which we will process your personal data are listed below.
- To protect the security and safety of our website.
- To communicate with you and personalize our communications with you. Additionally, you can sign up for email subscriptions and choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from Digitate by email, SMS, post and telephone or other means of communication. For information about managing your contact data, email subscriptions and promotional communications, please submit a request to as using our contact form at https://www.digitate.com/contact-us
Some of the above grounds for processing will overlap and there may be several grounds, which justify our use of your personal data.
In the context of EU GDPR, the “lawful” basis of processing your personal data is “processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by TCS
If you fail to provide personal data
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to respond to your enquiry, or allow you to access specific account information.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We may have to share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers and other entities in the group. We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We may transfer your personal data outside the EU/EEA. If we do, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal data.
Why might you share my personal data with third parties?
We may share your personal data with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we’ve hired to assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data to provide those functions
We usually do not share other personal data collected from the websites with other third parties. However, this may happen if:
- You request or authorize us to do so;
- We need to comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process
- We need to operate and also maintain the security of this website, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks;
How secure is my information with third-party service providers and other entities in our group?
All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
When might you share my personal data with other entities in the group?
We will share your personal data with Tata Consultancy Services-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries for addressing your product queries, demo requests, marketing campaigns and promotional communications.
Transferring information outside the EU/EEA
We transfer personal data from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to other countries, some of which have not been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection. When we do, we use a variety of legal mechanisms, including contracts, to help ensure your rights and protections travel with your data.
We have put in place measures to protect the security of your information. Details of these measures are available upon request.
Third parties will only process your personal data on our instructions and where they have agreed to treat the information confidentially and to keep it secure.
We have put in place appropriate technical, organizational and security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my information for?
Tata Consultancy Services retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide the access to and use of the website, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Your rights in connection with personal data
Under certain circumstances, and applicable law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
If you want to exercise a data subject right please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org .
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
TCS has appointed internal Data Protection Officers who can be contacted for any questions or concerns about TCS’ privacy policies or practices. Depending on your location, you can refer to:
Data Protection Officer for UK and Ireland | DPO.email@example.com
Data Protection Officer for Continental Europe | DPO.Europe@tcs.com
DATA PROTECTION SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
Under EU GDPR, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the relevant data protection supervisory authority.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal data.
If you have a privacy concern, complaint or a question regarding this privacy statement, please direct it to the Chief Privacy Officer of Tata Consultancy Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.